Wednesday 4 October 2017

The Darkest Whisper by Gena Showalter

  BOOK FOUR OF "LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD"

  This book ranks second in attracting my interest in the series. It is about Sabin, the Doubt warrior. He can whisper contradictory thoughts in the minds of all, with whom he seeds trouble and doubt, the food for his demon.
  I like the cover, this purple hue is very nice, just as I like it. But if the man had a long hair, it would all be perfect, but alas, there's no full happiness.
  In search of the four relics necessary for the discovery of Pandora's box in order to destroy it, which is the only way for demons to be defeated. However, if they are detached from the Lords, they couldn't exist by themselves because they are related to the Lords and their life depends on them. I quite deviated; so, Sabin encounters something unusual. The first artefact they possess is the All-seeing Eye, which sees in the past, the present and the future, in practice it isn't an object, but... #spoiler In a desert pyramid, they find a variety of beings held captive by their greatest enemies - the Hunters. And that's where he meets Gwendoline, and she's a harpy.
  I like Sabin because he has the temper I like. He is a born leader and is very hardheaded, which to me is a great combination. Right from the very beginning, I had a very good impression and that's why he became my second most beloved Lord.
   At first, I thought Gwen was shy and innocent, but it turned out that she contained something far more dangerous than I could have guessed. As a harpy, she's so dangerous that I don't think there is any other sister to her that passes her by force and rapid temper, even from her own sisters, however strong they may be.
  Sabin and Gwen's love is pretty tumultuous and variable, but that's what's most exciting in the book. That's what interests me the most, and that's why I like it that way. I definitely think it's one of the most interesting readings in the whole series if one goes to read it all. The Darkest Whisper has all thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment