Monday 2 October 2017

The Darkest Pleasure by Gena Showalter

  BOOK THREE OF "LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD"

  Reyes, however strange he sounds to me (I prefer Race), has the Pain. In order not to weaken his power, he constantly has to "feed" his demon through pain - on himself or the rest. Really awful demon if you ask me.
   The cover is... well pretty yellow and as many times as look at it, it seems strange to me. The man isn't bad, it's obvious, and it is obvious that the butterfly this time is in another place, of course. Everyone has the same, but at a different spot on the body.
  He is very much in love with Danika, a girl who, together with her mother, sister and grandmother, are in danger as Aeron is ordered to kill them, and this will bring him to madness as he doesn't want to do it, but his demon Wrath, wishing only wasting and violence, forces him to kill the four innocent women. Another stupid order of... doesn't matter, someone.
  Overall, this murder is pretty dramatic all the time, and you really want it to end. I don't understand what it was for those f@#king titans to deal with, if nothing else the Greek gods at least so ignored them as though they never existed, and these... I really hate them, you know?
  But the most interesting thing was the consciousness of what Danika really is because she is not an ordinary person. This gave me the greatest surprise, and finally, I was very angry that Cronos wanted to use her as a soulless object for his purposes, but it nevertheless came to an agreement that pleased me very much. By the way, Cronos is a bastard.
  Finally, he manages to keep his beloved and at the same time, his friend is healed by the thirst for blood that has possessed him thanks to... Well, I will not say for whom, if you are intrigued by you will find out by yourself. Now this is a happy ending, isn't it? Both his woman's saved and his friend is healed, I think that it really is. And it really was The Darkest Pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment