Monday 30 October 2017

The Darkest Touch by Gena Showalter

  BOOK ELEVEN OF "LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD"

“What’s my sign? Cancer.”
- Torin, Lord of the Underworld

  Torin's demon for him is like a curse because he has the worst of all others - Disease. Every time he touches someone, he causes illness and death, there may even be a world outbreak. He was the cause of the Black Death * in the Middle Ages because he touched a peasant girl.
  Now, I really like this cover. Gray is very good for the background, and the man looks great. Also made with white hair because Torin itself has white hair and green eyes, a very interesting combination in my opinion. And the gloves in the hand are also in full resemblance to those he usually wear to not touch anyone.
  Before I read the book about him, he was one of my favourites because of his unusual appearance, but after that I lost interest in him. He can't fight or touch his friends in order not to cause them any disease. He is the most unhappy of all because he is lonely and looking at all his friends with their loved ones hurts him even more. He stays home all day at his computers and about the technology he's a real genius. When he meets Scarlett, the Red Queen, his control and his fleshly desire erupt. But every touch of him causes sickness to her.
  Scarlett is an interesting character, but there's something I don't like about her, maybe because she reminds me of Anya. In fact, they both know each other and can't stand each other, which has been quite fun for their cohabitation in the house.
   And finally, Torin has to face his worst battle so far - and the one who feels he can not win. In fact, the book is not that bad and I really liked it, but I decided in my assessment to be neutral.

  * Black Death - The biggest plague epidemic passed across almost all of Europe between 1347 and 1353. Then more than a third of the population died. Black Death is the most devastating pandemic in human history. [Open Wikipedia for more information and see the gizmo, which is eloquent enough.]

No comments:

Post a Comment