Wednesday 25 October 2017

The Darkest Seduction by Gena Showalter

  BOOK NINE OF "LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD"

  At first, I liked Paris quite a lot, but then I lost interest in him. He was a playboy and a female man, and I loved him much until he fell in love with a human woman who was by chance Hunter and served as Bait for him to be captured but was murdered lately. And I totally lost interest in his otherwise so interesting picture before.
  The cover is attractive, there is no dispute. It is entirely up to the title, but it is not really the case. The book tells only how Paris finds and frees her from the place where Cronus holds her, and that is far from seductive. But the black background and these wings in the back look very good.
  Because Paris possesses Promiscuity, he needs every day to be with a different woman, otherwise, his demon weakens, hence himself. And it's not able to be the same twice, she no longer attracts and excites him except Sienna. She's the first one to make him want her again after he's been with her. When he faces the choice between his friend, Aeron, who is possessed by the thirst for blood and murder, and his beloved he chooses him, but there is still hope. Her spirit is with Cronus, at Olympus (renamed Titanium after the Titans beat the Greek gods) and now she's the new guardian of Wrath. Because I missed mentioning in the review of the book about Aeron I will say it here. The only two daemons with wings are Wrath and Hope, except that first are black and the others are white.
  Besides, Sienna has to get used to her demon, they will face many other things, and the output is only one. I admit I was quite surprised at the development, at last, I didn't even expect it and that was the only thing I liked most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment