Tuesday 10 October 2017

The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter

  BOOK SIX OF "LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD"

  Gideon can say nothing but a lie because he is cursed to have the demon of Lies. That's why I'm really sorry for him because sometimes it can be a real curse. It's so cruel to not being able to say what you think but the contrary of it.
  The cover wasn't my favourite from the very beginning. I just... I can't perceive it, it's too strange to me. And let's not exclude that a very characteristic mark differs from the character, and nothing prevents us from working this essential detail with a little computer magic.
  I was talking about the hair precisely because Gideon is painting his in brilliant neon blue, and it's obvious that this guy's hair is far from blue. I don't understand what he likes it this way, that color's so screaming. Yes, clearly, he wants to be different, but that's pretty grossly I would say.
  His friends are accustomed to his totally inverse world because when he wants to say he likes something he has to say he doesn't like it. Or whatever else, just on the contrary of it. If he says only one truth, he will experience inhuman pain and become agonizing. It made me sick when he wanted to tell his enemies that he hated instead he told them he loved them because he couldn't tell the truth.
  I think his acquaintance with the goddess Scarlett was at the end of the previous book, and Scarlett is the despised daughter of Rea, the queen of the Titans, but also Cronos'. She thinks so many things in her life are true, and she lives in a delusion that just was a cruel game with her mind by her aunt, Mnemozina, the goddess of memory. She also has the Nightmares demon, one of the others left in the box. It made me really sorry for it because it has always been played with her mind and she no longer knew what was true and what - illusion.
  Despite all this confused story, Gideon falls in love with her, and she also seems to love him, which is wonderful. Overall, the book is not that bad, it just was not my favourite. But you may like The Darkest Lie, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment