Saturday 28 October 2017

The Darkest Craving by Gena Showalter

  BOOK TEN OF "LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD"

“I’ve been told I’m almost as dangerous as a tsunami.”
- Kane, Lord of the Underworld

“I’ve been told I’m a tsunami.”
- Josephina Aisling

Kane may have one of the most terrible demons - Disaster. With him, he has no contact, and he is more than evil, he is a monster. It can cause any disasters, global catastrophes such as earthquakes, floods, and so on. Unlike the other Lords who communicate with their demons, Kane has never done it with his own, because it is purely IMPOSSIBLE.
  This is the third yellow cover. While the others were a little lighter, that's pretty sparkling yellow. I like the yellow, but only if it is a bright and fresh lemon colour, and this one is not that far.
  When he falls in love with Josephine and goes to her world to save her from her own royal family, the demon doesn't have the same opinion and will do his best to separate them. This time, the only way to get rid of him is death, but he can't let such a thing put terror into the world and that's why he faces a complete dilemma. He is forced to make the hardest choice in his life, but in the end, everything has its happy ending, but it depends on what he would be...
  Kane has always been indifferent to me, I haven't liked him so much, but not unpleasant, so I can describe it in a word what's he for me: neutral. Josephine really suffered too much and what is her guilt? That she's the king's daughter by another woman. Not to mention her fucking half-sister, the princess who does what she wants, and finally who is being punished for her offences? Josephine. This thing with the Fae is totally devoid of any logic! As a princess, she must bear the consequences for her stupidity, not the innocent girl. And these Fae are far from being the sweetest faces everyone has seen in children's movies, on the contrary, they are far more dangerous and terrible than that.
  Because of those things I don't like the book, it's kind of neutral to me (50 to 50), mostly because of Kane's terrible demon and Josephine's misfortunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment