Thursday 28 September 2017

The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter

  BOOK TWO OF "LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD"

  The second book's for the one possessing the Death. He, in turn, must take every soul into paradise or hell respectively. That's why he has two different eyes - brown for the human world and blue - for the spirits. I personally didn't fall on people with different eyes, so for me, this combination is not the best, just my opinion.
  On the cover, the man isn't bad, oh, not at all but he isn't my guy. Somewhat I don't like him very much, but I like the bluish colour plus the moon in the background.
  The name of the warrior is Lucien, and the woman, more precisely the goddess of Anarchy, is Anya. He hasn't met anyone like her because she's a reckless and uncontrollable fighter, but at the same time attracts him. But when Cronos orders him to kill her in order to save his friends, because if he doesn't, they will suffer. So, he faces a huge dilemma but does everything in his power to avoid losing either. Maybe it's a huge spoiler, but I hope it's not. Lucien is not my stereotype for a male character, but there are a lot of qualities that I approve of.
Anya... I will not deny, I don't like her at all. She is not one of the heroines I prefer and she's so crazy and uncontrollable that it's almost irritating. She does whatever she wants, and makes all sorts of disorders among people. It's like a walking bomb for trouble and I don't like her even more. But there is a curse on her, which is very terrible because she hasn't deserved it. Because of her mother, she's doomed to suffer, which is not fair at all! And what I despise the most is the injustice.
  I don't think this is exactly the book I would recommend for reading because it's not a big favourite of mine, but you can not read a series and decide to "stink" one of the books just because the hero doesn't appeal to you so much, right? Anyway, The Darkest Kiss is a part of the Lords of the Underworld so it's inevitable to skip it. But it's only my opinion, someone may like it much more than me, everyone has its tastes after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment